Saturday 27 April 2013

Hello

 So since last time i blogged there has been lots of developments! Me and my tutor decided that the moses basket and headboard would not be suitable to exhibit at the show, due to space and my stand may look cluttered and I am better sticking with my cushion, wallpaper and fabric croque idea's which is fine and enough for me to get ready for the show which is now only 2 weeks away!! If I have enough time I would also like the upholster the seat of a chair. I have already got the chair and I would paint it  black and have  one of my New york design fabrics on the seat, I think this would be a new and contemporary idea. We shall see what happens! 

Yesterday I  visited the print room and had a look at some fabrics that I  would maybe like to use. I am going to use 2 different fabrics, one for my cushions and one for the fabric lengths which at the moment are 60x60cm. For my cushions I would like to use Linen, the nane of the fabric is Linen Rayen Pandora. I know this will look nice because I have seen cushions from previous shows made from this fabric. I will need one and a half metres to complete 4 cushions. For the fabric lengths I am thinking of using Cotton satin, this will hang well. I will need 2 and a half metres of this to complete 3 60x60 croques for each collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment